Philosophy Articles of Spiros Kakos
This list of some of the most important philosophy-related articles I have written (articles in Greek are also included) is not exhaustive: it is just a selection of some of the most significant articles written in the context of Harmonia Philosophica philosophy program; all the articles in this portal amount to thousands and would be impossible to be shown in one page without making it difficult for the reader to browse through them.
This is a good place to start from if you wish to examine the wisdom of Harmonia Philosophica. Please search through the portal deeper either via the Search function or through the Tags in order to find more articles that might interest you. Or you can simply go to the Posts page and browse through all the articles in a reverse chronological order.
Download the Philosophy Toolbar for easy access to Harmonia Philosophy!
HOW TO READ Harmonia Philosophica
- A farmer, apples and how to read Harmonia Philosophica
- Brain, Mind and How to read Harmonia Philosophica.
- Death of the death of the writer…
Other Philosophy Articles
Harmonia Philosophica resources
- Harmonia Philosophica – The philosophy of the irrational! (MiLAct16 conference presentation) [YouTube video]
- Philosophy of the Irrational! (presentation) [Slideshow, YouTube video]
- Why religion is important! (presentation) [Slideshow, PDF file]
- The real meaning of Tao: Everything possible. Illogical. Thus true.
- Being logical in an illogical world…
- Sleep. Walk. Feel no pain… (what is life? think the illogical)
- Cancelling your eyes. Making everything still. Flying… (think irrationally)
- Sleeping. Unlearning. Room to grow… (learning by forgetting)
- Avoiding uncertainty. By simply hiding it. Avoiding ignorance. By simply not asking. (stop asking questions)
- Translating in a “dead” language. More “freedom”. Thinking without thinking. (comprehensible world)
- IBM, Watson, non-thinking…
- Absolute synchronization. Non-thinking…
- Preschoolers, graduates, non-thinking. (empty the cup)
- Explanations… No need for them!
- Mindful meditation: Not the solution…
- Redundant neural connections…
- Brain, Bayesian reasoning, hallucinations, schizophrenia, obstacles… (no brain is better than… brain)
- Non thinking. As complex as thinking?
- Consciousness. Entropy. Non-thinking.
- Eye contact. Thinking. Being. With your ears closed. (existence, humans, senses, consciousness, non-thinking)
- Non-thinking: Harder than thinking! Now go to sleep. (block the brain)
- Synchronizing the brain with the cosmos. Not remembering. (don’t be in sync)
- Changing brain, Constant self…
- My stroke of Insight: Connecting to the One!
- Non local concsiousness. Being God.
- Drugs as a way to release the mind (?!)
- The human Memory problem
- Forgetting, remembering, forgetting…
- Think! Decide! Think! Decid… STOP! [Harmonia]
- Teleportation, Being, Space. Being a wizard.
- Is consciousness more important than intelligence? Work. Humans. Doing nothing.
- Head transplant. Waves. Resonance. Life… (consciousness resonates)
- Phonons. Photons. All the same… (consciousness as the foundation of existence)
- No! Science has not “proved” that consciousness is generated by the brain.
- Consciousness: Σκέψεις. (is consciousness an illusion?)
- Remembering… Should we care? (consciousness, existence)
- Sentient machines. Thinking in wholes. The impossibility of AI.
- Mirror neurons. One.
- (plus other articles related to One before this category was initialized)
- Big data analysis. Infinity. One.
- Small parts. Smaller parts. Even smaller parts. Everything!
- Communicating… Cells… Humans…
- Entangled timelines… One…
- Asymmetries. Sensing. Motionless. [no motion, all here]
- A mind anticipating everything… A human mind… God’s mind.
- Counting parts. Seeing the whole. Small prejudices… [Against numbers?!]
- Ghost images. Glows. At the corners of the universe… (existence, quantum mechanics, cosmic sympathy, One)
- Transformations. Modern alchemy. Ancient secrets… (One, against senses)
- Religion as a Guide (or… Is Religion out of date? Yes! And that is good!)
- Circumcision, Jews and the (misunderstood) role of Religion…
- Africa, misery, faith in God…
- Elvis vs. Jesus. An unexpected result. The burger.
- ΙΧΘΥΣ. Fish extinction. Science as a Religion. Christianism as a… well, NOT a religion.
- Christianity – The “easy” or the hard way?
- Ebola virus. Healing Ebola. Praising God. (what to pray for…)
- Bayesian statistics and the role of God in Science.
- Babemba. Forgiving. Being inherently good. Being afraid to deal with evil…
- Science philanthropists. Religion priests. Non religion.
- Believing in God. Losing. Being true. (no, He will NOT save you! And that is a good thing!)
- Yes, I am a Christian. And I do not tell you why! [Unless you insist…] (arguments to support religion)
- Change which happens. Not made to happen… [Προσδοκώ…]
- Acceptance. Of evil. Of death. (how to fight evil)
- Ghosts… Depression… A dead God. The unseen problems of a “progressed” world… (religion and the problems of the new atheistic world)
- Religion as a PREREQUISITE for Science!
- Against Enlightenment: The Enlightenment was not light. The Enlightenment is darkness. (how political correctness and atheism dominated society in the last few centuries)
- People in Heaven (miracles)
- Zooplankton. Light. Dark. Sun. Moon. Nothing. (neither Dionysus noρ Apollo)
- Happy Easter/ Καλή Ανάσταση!
- Fasting. Ancient knowledge. Precious religion.
- Disease. Accepting.
- Religion: Its contribution to society (and other subjects)
- Flat Earth. Problematic science. Troubling scientism. Atheists and their psychological problems. (yes, atheism is a – bad type of – religion)
- The problem of Good… The problem of Evil… The problem as the Solution!
- Observe. Choose. Religion. Science. (choose religion over science)
- Do you believe in God? (yes, it matters for everything)
- Why religion is important! (includes PDF file/ presentation)
Religion vs. Science debate TIPs n’ TRICKS…
(how to win your atheist friend in a debate)
- How to easily win an atheist in a debate…
- Responding randomly to atheism in 1.3 seconds…
- How to win a Religion vs. Science debate! (for both…)
- Why Medicine is NOT a pro-Science argument!
- Religion and Science unification – Towards religional science
- NDE and other consciousness without brain references (try to search for it…)
- Agnosticism, as a cloak to Dogmatism (try to search for it…)
- Hidden assumptions in everyday speaking. Dangerous dogmas… (try to search for it)
- Old Testament: Not for the faint-hearted. (An easy interpretation)
- Monogamy. STIs… [What is science?] (why religion and science should be one again)
- Mind washing on small children: The new hope…
- Living without pride. Dying with.
- Feeling sorry for East Germany… But why?!?
- Ceramic, hi-tech materials, the essence of progress… (don’t think too much)
- BE AWARE: Pedophilia in modern era… The way to acceptance ?!?
- Mississippi river and the “Change things” mania of modern civilization…
- Important people. Useless (coward) captains.
- Internet, Brazil, freedom via oppression…
- Human culture. Ape’s culture. Human stupidity.
- Prisons: A paradise?!? (for liberals) [OR: Eating apples.] (+ some religion…) [the slavery of state-guaranteed freedom]
- Towards the oppression of democracy [majority of the stupid]. Towards the oppression of uncultured (but rich) people… (The evolution of power in society – who will save us after all?)
- Women. Feminism. And society’s war against men… [Or “Titanic sinking. Men silent. Any more women?”]
- Society. The forest. The river. (away from society)
- Against Ecology Coercion
- Ecology. Money. Deception.
- Climate models, IPCC, assumptions: Why “climate change” is in our mind.
- Against ecology! For dirty!
- Stop spraying! I want to make a nuclear tes… errr, I meant “I AM AN ECOLOGIST”!
- Ecology for dummies…
- Cold in the US vs. Global warming
- Ecology oppression. Hypocrisy. BBQ.
- Chernobyl, Kara Sea, life…
- Noah’s Ark and the stupidity of modern ecology.
- Chernobyl, Kara Sea, life…
- Against ecology! For dirty!
- How wolves changed a river… [or “Butterflies changing Mountains”]
- Killing for science. Killing for fun. What’s the difference?
- Ecology: For all the wrong reasons. [Nature runs faster and the need for philosophy] (we cannot accept things, we try to understand them)
- Climate change. Accepting… (ecology, acceptance)
- “Against ecology” tagged articles @ WordPress
- “Against ecology” tagged articles @ Blogger
- Old highways. Long gone…
- Flowers. Being. For ever.
- Old problems, new problems, the need for love…
- Human-like computer language. Parmenides. Humans.
- Knowing, forgetting, communication, questions, Persival.
- Resurrected moss, biology, death, strange aeons…
- Maths, genes, anxiety, silence. (Πυθαγόρας)
- Microbes, arrogance, wrong perceptions. (know your limits, stay humble)
- Experience the unexperienced. Dream reality…
- Death penalty – We are all inmates… (die to be reborn)_
- Handwriting. Creativity. Children. The lost wisdom…
- The mall. Death. Gone. (Dasein… for ever…)
- Electricity, light, Dionysus… (we are children of the night)
- Melatonin. Sleep. An ancient secret long forgotten…
- Killed by lightning. Ancient tribes. Being.
- Human clocks. Human time… Life…
- Extraterrestrial life. Theology. Human suffering.
- Acheloos. Greece. Old gods. Long forgotten…
- Give me an office with a view! [The lust for the infinite in everyday terms]
- Bacteria mind games (you are the cosmos, the cosmos is you)
- Reading… Believing in parallel lines… (drawing parallel lines)
- Good morning, good evening, goodbye… (everyday death, everyday birth)
- Don’t re-tweet if you wish to remember… Just draw. [OR: How the world is now lifeless] (living -> not living)
- You have seen this before…
- Death. Difficult to define… Difficult to exist…
- Words. Making the world collapse… (change the world with Logos)
- Ocean. Rogue waves. Darkness. (human soul and subconscious)
- The new. The old. Selecting. Living true. (living, river, change, no change)
- Single-event upset… Aeschylus… The meaning of life and death… (seek the answer to the music)
- Flying the easy way…
- WWW is broken. Please contact your administrator.
- Watson, computers, humans becoming them…
- Satellites, photos, Earth, humans. (dehumanization)
- Facebook, drones, Internet: The need for NO-Internet! [Φοβού τους Δαναούς…]
- Technology does NOT work! No really. Ask your loan mower…
- The age of information is without… “information”. [primitive is more… advanced]
- Who will your (future) automatic car decide to kill? [What does Jesus have to do with it?!?]
- Technology works! Science works! Well, NOT QUITE… (Technology and Science do NOT work!)
- Zoos, lions, fear of death…
- Be no one.
- Live and let DIE you small hypocrite…
- Unknown Santa. The only way…
- Appetite, hunger, Tao. (seek the empty…)
- Mother making the ultimate sacrifice. Seneca. Decisions.
- The “meaning of life”. Doing something “important”…
- Staying alive. Afraid to die. Accepting death. The story of our life…
- Thoreau. Naming things. Lost memories. Important things. (anonymity)
- The Marshmallow Test. (choose less)
- Go backwards. Surprise the Universe!
- What do you do? Nothing! And I feel good!
- Words. Languages. The bright side of life. Is there such?
- Stress. A disease to fight. By doing NOTHING!
- Being the second. Being the first. Living a lie. Accepting grandure…
- Insects flying… Torque… Rotation… Momentum… And why doing is never understanding! (could be in “Science” as well)
- Let the chicken be. Live. [An argument against analysis of anything] (don’t analyze things)
- Seek routine. Seek happiness.
- Lack of education: A cause of death? Or a cause of “death”? [against education]
- Empathy: Feeling sad for one death. Not caring for millions… All a matter of choice. [choosing to choose]
- Human Condition: Irrevocable damage. Homo Ergaliomaniacus. (people living – doing nothing)
- True Happiness. True Wealth. (Attention: Boring post. But important.) (what is really important)
- What if you died in the next minute? [how to see what is important, how to live good, against time]
- Death. [Gladiator philosophy]
- Learning abstract concepts. Being humans. (who we are)
- Doing nothing. Up in the clouds. [Being vs. Living] (living vs. being)
- Back to school… After school… [OR: Why gods admire. Why humans try to understand]
- Life… Death… Night sky full of stars… (experience eternity)
- Behavior. Molecules. Defining a human… (living = hold still)
- Living. Dying. Taking things as they are… Setting barriers. (be a little crab)
- Walking with your hands… (and feet, ok) Living. Dying.
- Removing fear. Why? (memories, fear, accepting)
- Sleeping. Accepting. (living and accepting – the difficult choice…)
- Synchronizing things… That are already in sync… (seek no control)
- Together in misery… (death brings us together)
Scientific theories, dogmas, assumptions and tricks… [+ science philosophy]
IMPORTANT: See also science related articles in the Harmonia Philosophica portal @ Blogger here! For example: “What IS a particle? A surprisingly difficult (and immaterial) question…“.
Modern science & Modern civilization
PHILOSOPHY SNAPSHOTS: New philosophy blog, with small and intuitive philosophy… snapshots!
A quality philosophy fast food for everyone…
- Why Medicine is NOT a pro-Science argument!
- How doctors choose to die…
- Doctors, Medicine, Horror…
- The dictatorship of the science of psychiatry
- Autism, electrodes, love and Science off track…
- Nash or “How to cure schizophrenia without medicine”…
- Doctor strikes & mortality rates. A strange relation…
- Shamanism could be true. Who dares claim it?
- Human body is 90% microbes and bacteria. Who is in “control” ?
- Oxfam, expensive charity, useless drugs, truths, lies…
- Psychologists, psychiatry, lies, deception… Talk talk talk…
- Vaccines, misconceptions, dollars
- Evil Sweden strikes back… (or: How to sterilize “inferior” people)
- Living longer, being sicker, the purpose of life…
- Cancer – The chance for a paradigm shift in medicine?
- Medicine vs. Alternative medicine 1-0
- Brain “dead” and the Industry of Transplants…
- Genetics, Down’s syndrome and our Death Civilization…
- Science, Eugenics and why Nazis won after all…
- Alternative medicine. Without the “alternative”.
- Non-treatment – The best option?
- Flu, failed vaccines, modern medicine not working…
- Medicine – Not working for everyone…
- Guinea pigs. (not necessarily rats…)
- Eugenics, evolution, “civilization”…
- Less medicine is better!
- Children, rocks, autism, death, civilization…
- Farming, “clean rooms” and the psychosis of health.
- Medicine & Marketing: Two close friends…
- Vaccination, over-simplification and the need to have Marketing separate from Medicine…
- Disease, definitions, change…
- Does medicine actually help? [Cure rates and Philosophy analysis of mainstream and alternative medicine]
- Medicine. Tonsillectomy. Desist letters. Cold science.
- Multiple Personalities Disorder, fake psychiatry, real conflicts, Life… (antinomies, thinking, life)
- Life expectancy – The lie of modern medicine.
- Vaccines: Parents should decide on their own. [not Science!] (obvious?!?)
- Midwifery. Witch hunts. Men’s prejudice. Medicine & dogmatism.
- Autism as a privilege. Not a disease!
- Psychology, ADHD, genes, dogmatism.
- Release from hospitals. The new dark ages of science… (is our life our own?)
- Life expectancy – The lie of modern medicine (version 2)
- Mental disease as a blessing. [OR: How healers are born]
- Having autism. Having a disability. So? Be indifferent. And you will cure cancer!
Friendly art blog: .ars gratia animae.
Look at the right-side menu for more articles. Use the Search tool to look for specific articles, or browse the posts with the help of the Categories widget.
Harmonia Philosophica Blogger Articles
Look also at Harmonia Philosophica @ Blogspot for (c) Philosophy WIRES … There you can also find more philosophy articles related to science, religion, consciousness et cetera!
Indicative Harmonia Philosophica @ Blogger articles
- The need for Non-Thinking
- Η ανάγκη για Μη-Σκέψη
- Religion and Science Unification
- Φιλοσοφία της Επιστήμης και της Θρησκείας
- Why live forever? or The importance of Death
- Γιατί να ζεις αιώνια; ή Η σημασία του Θανάτου
- Logic, truth (α-λήθεια) and the need for Return
- Λογική, α-λήθεια και η ανάγκη για Επιστροφή
- Soap bubbles and Reality – Σαπουνόφουσκες και Πραγματικότητα
- Earth at the Center of the Universe?
- Harmonia Philosophica [English]
- Harmonia Philosophica Addendum I – Reality
- Harmonia Philosophica [Greek / Ελληνικά]
- Harmonia Philosophica (Greek) Addendum Ι – Η πραγματικότητα
- Human Consciousness and the end of Materialism
- The Source of Ethics
- Philosophy Reminder: What does it mean to be Dogmatic?
- Φιλοσοφική Υπενθύμιση: Τι σημαίνει να είσαι Δογματικός;
- The Dark Side of Technology
- ΝΙΤΣΕ, Ένας παράλογος πιστός!
- Nietzsche, an irrational believer!
- The limits of science
- Νους, Μορφογενετικά πεδία, Κβαντική φυσική…
- Mind, Morphogenetic fields, Quantum physics…
- State – Science separation: Is it time?
- Evolution and Intelligent Design – The way to an agreement
- The dictatorship of the science of psychiatry
- Against Ecology Coercion
- Ελλάδα – Αρετές παραγνωρισμένες…
- Διαχωρισμός Επιστήμης – Κράτους: Ήρθε η ώρα;
- Βυζάντιο – Η Χιλιόχρονη Αυτοκρατορία
- Εναντίον του Οικολογικού Καταναγκασμού
- Τα όρια της επιστήμης
- Η Θρησκεία σαν Πολιτιστικό Φαινόμενο
- Why you can’t be an agnostic
- Allies trading with Hitler: Economic games during World War II
- Learning Greek for Dummies – Lesson 1
- Pensée Civilisée – Οι πρωτόγονοι δεν είναι τόσο “πρωτόγονοι” τελικά…
- The Value of Silence (or: Against Senses)
- Η Αξία της Σιωπής (ή: Εναντίον των Αισθήσεων)